
I've been so busy. Time has never moved more quickly- I feel like life is accelerating exponentially. Luckily, people regularly look at me with shocked faces and tell me to "dejar de joder," which amounts to the fact that they don't believe me when I say I'm 21. It's a nice reminder that there is no rush. I think i get this reaction either because I wear a suit (sometimes) and teach classes while people my age in Argentina live with their parents, or because I look old. I'm not sure how I feel about that. (that's my roommate the the picture up there)
I'm working about 30 hours a week with the English classes. It's going well, but I haven't had much time to work on Grad school applications, which is making me very nervous. The due dates fall between mid-December and late January. Wish me luck!
Some highlights from the month it's been since I posted last...
1. I went on a few dates, nothing super exciting, but it's really the best way to practice Spanish.
2. I'm also busy planning a trip through Patagonia for when leah comes. (38 days and counting!)
3. I bought a bike today! I won't lie, traffic is pretty treacherous, but I'm getting a helmet tomorrow, and will definitely be avoiding the busier roads.
4. One of the better friends I've made since I've been here is moving south to a little town in the country. I guess the city is just too much, but I'll miss him.
5. I saw Diplo play. I've always loved his shows in Tallahassee (he's from Ft. Lauderdale) and I told him I came all the way from Tallahassee to see him. It was a really great show- I danced for hours and hours, went home to shower, and went to work with plenty of energy.
6. Joanna Newsom was amazing, check the slideshow. A full nightclub was completely spellbound by her and her harp. I even recorded a new song that she has yet to name- you can download it HERE - 7.49mb. Sorry about the quality, i used the mic in my camera.
7. There is a free wine tasting 2 blocks from my house every Thursday. I just discovered it, but now I'm on the mailing list, so they send me an email about which wine they will be serving, and i can get excited about it. This week: Syrah and Malbec from Finca Don Diego.
oh yeah, i had a laugh today when Uncle Jorge sent me this...

As ever, comment away or send me an email!
-Phillip
Photos of Joanna:
and again, the link to download a song from that show.

2 comments:
Joanna Newsome makes me melty on the inside! Thanks for the recording, it is fantastically bootleg. You are a lucky man, getting to go to all of these great concerts.
Che, que despues del parrafo sobre la edad pongas que yo soy la de la foto es una forma indirecta de decir que soy una vieja?!
Me gusto lo que te envio tu tio Jorge sobre el gato argentino... coincidis o es todo un gran mito?
Post a Comment